my sister´s wedding
and there she was, my beautiful sister, barefoot, emotional and the most lovely bride i´ve ever seen.
You know those parents that think their children are the most beautiful and inteligent? Well nope, i´m not doing the same here..i didn´t like Emilia only because she´s my sister, but you don´t believe me, ask everyone at the wedding. She was radiant and the whole wedding was special, like weddings should actually be, a nice ceremony with the people you love and admire, with not too much bling bling and unnecesary things.
Anyways, i discovered Pinterest some years ago, after getting married (i know, too bad!!) but i said to myself "so many beautiful ideas, i have to use them for my sister´s wedding"..and i did..i gathered inspiration in this album called "wedding ideas for o" (because this is how i call her, o, (like dad used to) and tried to use them for the occassion.
Yes, i was the wedding planner, in case you were wondering. Self proclaimed and not 100%, but that´s me! The "crazy" sister trying to implement all the beautiful things she didn´t think about when she got married. Again, like parents that expect their children to achieve what they couldn´t ;)
Now, really, i only wanted the best for her, so i tried to help in every way i could, like all sisters out there, right?
And everything was perfect! She, the groom, mom, us, the weather (despite the fact that it was the first official day of fall), the location, the guests, the sweets, everything. I would´ve wanted to have more time for some pictures and boomerangs with the girls, yes, true, but weddings days are like this, you prepare for such a long time (some one year, we had like 2 months) and then time flies (it always does, especially off a certaing age, but on the wedding day..it flies like crazy)
As i just said, the special day was perfect, only dad was missing, always will, especially on important days like these, and every day. Before he died, i recorded him wishing us nice things on this old recording device. But then everything got accidentally deleted. I wish he could´ve told the newly weds a poem or something..
Emotional stuff apart, i hope you enjoyed watching the video, i surely did. Thank you everyone who came to be with us, some from Vienna and the majority from far away and big thanks to our followers for the super nice wishes on Stories and on all the pictures posted on Insta
As for the wedding planner i was, here some tips including the best locations i´ve found near Vienna. If you´re interested or about to get married download this pdf. Oh, and if you´d like to hire me for more wedding inspiration, feel free to do so, lol! or just open an account on Pinterest instead, it´s cheaper :D
As for the partners we worked with, here a list:
- after the ceremony the bride slipped into another one, a sexy dress, an ocean inspired design embroidered and embellished with Swarowski crystals made from the lovely people at @islandtribe_ , our second partners for the occassion. She paired this second gown with the same sandals i wore at my wedding, for the "something old", you know ;) Oh, and did you see the flowers bouquet? Well, i made it. Dad made mine, 6 years ago, with sunflowers (i still have it dried at my grandma´s) and so i wanted O to keep with the tradition, so i did it for her. I mean, flowers are already beautiful, what´s all the fuzz about letting someone else make it for you and charge lots of money afterwards? ;)
- the decoration was already beautiful, because of the wonderful location, Stadtflucht Bergmühle, but we added some fluffy pom pons, paper honeycomb balls and helium balloons to make it even more wedding-ish. Thank you @partydreams.at for the loveliest wedding supply
- one of my favorite partners was Cluse, an Amsterdam based watch brand with whom both Emilia and i have already worked before. They sent us each the perfect wedding gifts from their new collection. Thank you @clusewatches for the golden watches for the bride and her sister from La Vedette Launch. Felt lucky to be some of the first people having one ;)
where are the sweets, you must be asking by now.. ok, "donut worry..." here they are:
- donuts! Instead of cupcakes? Yes, yes, cupcakes are too mainstream ;) I read this article about donuts being the new wedding trend and inmediately contacted @donuteria_com, my favorite donuts so far! We actually had in mind building a donut wall, but because their donuts are huge and very heavy (if you don´t believe me ask the wedding guests ;) it was a little tricky and opted instead for including them in the candy bar, some beautifully arranged in the drawers of an old wooden desk. The lovely people at @donuteria_com even decorated some with heart shaped sprinkles for the special occassion, how sweet of them! ;)
- although macarons have also started to be mainstream, they´re so French, so oh la lá and very irresistible you have to have some, right? And what better than in a huge macaron pyramid display? Big thanks to our partners @macaronmanufaktur for the best Austria made macarons! I loved them all, but the rose ones were my favorites, always have, always will ;)
- and last, but definitely not least, the 3 tiers cake from @katiescakesaustria. The wedding was gold themed with gold bottles and jars mathing the beautiful fall colored dahlias, gold watches and a gold wedding cake of course. Well, not all of it, only the second tier. The rest was white, adorned with sugar flowers and natural eucalyptus leave
Time to end this ;)
I wish you all the happiness in the world O and Armin!
As for you, dear reader:
"Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't
Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't
Maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the "Funky Chicken"
On your 75th wedding anniversary
Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much
Or berate yourself either
Your choices are half chance, so are everybody else's
Enjoy your body, use it every way you can
Don't be afraid of it or what other people think of it
It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own, dance
Even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room
Read the directions even if you don't follow them
Do not read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly
Brother and sister together will make it through
Get to know your parents, you never know when they'll be gone for good
Be nice to your siblings, they are your best link to your past
And the people most likely to stick with you in the future
Understand that friends (or IG followers..sorry, had to add this here ;) come and go
But a precious few, who should hold on"
(for the rest of the lyrics of this precious "Wear sunscreen" song husband once sent me before getting married, go here)